£30000 - £35000 per annum
2 months ago
Our client, an International Bank based in the West End are looking to recruit a Private Banking Assisting. This is a fantastic opportunity for a confident and proactive individual, who exceeds clients' expectations when it comes to service.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Provide general assistance to RMs on all aspects of account management. This will include meeting and assisting clients on the bank premises.
- Maintain RMs' diary system;
- Support RMs by responding to queries from AML/Compliance Department;
- Review customer files periodically to ensure account due diligence is complete and up to date;
- Assist with account opening, including preparing new account opening packs.
- Liaise with Head Office to obtain KYC/Due diligence and; obtain/chase bank references;
- Undertake payment validation process (checking signature, balances, and completing call back to client);
- Contact utility companies to enquire about client accounts; setting up or cancelling utility company direct debits as part of our bill payment service;
- Co-ordinate with Customer Services, Head Office, RMs and clients concerning credit cards settlement;
- Assist clients where required with any credit/debit card enquiries or requests;
- Follow up with relevant departments to ensure that all transactions have been successfully executed;
- Review overdrawn accounts on a daily basis on behalf of RMs. Chase clients to resolution and keep RMs and Credit Admin advised on developments;
- Manage and maintain hard and soft copies of customer account files;
- Other ad-hoc duties as and when required.
- Well organised and deadline driven who is able to prioritise workload effectively and able to work under minimal supervision.
- Flexible and committed attitude with the ability to work well under pressure and a willingness to take on additional tasks.
- Good understanding of account opening process, and CDD (KYC) to meet AML requirements.
- Previous experience in private banking or customer services or administration required, preferably with an international bank.
- Knowledge of the GCC market would be an advantage.
- Arabic (speaking, reading and writing) whilst not essential would be an advantage.
- Proficient in computer/banking system use including MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.