£50000.00 - £55000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Our Client is one of the leading investment banks with a successful history of growth. This role is for an out going driven individual. You will also want to progress in a product controller role and work within financial services, and have a positive attitude. My client is medium sized, which offers exposure within the business and also makes a way for a front office position.
As the Product Controller, the successful incumbent will take ownership of the trading books and ensuring the accuracy of trades within the system, producing and rationalising both the new business report and the monthly forward books. They will also report on the daily movements in FX exposures and provide back up to the wider Product Control team. Excel skills and a keen eye for detail is a prerequisite as is the ability to analyse and interpret data and work to deadlines.
- Ownership of the daily business report and reconciling to trader PnL's and forward books.
- Agree monthly valuations for quality, certification premia and locations with traders.
- Preparation of books for the monthly close, rationalising monthly movements and reporting on monthly PnL.
- Act as a key contact and provide timely response to trade queries.
- Provide analysis of the daily FX exposures by trade book and movements.
- Approval of FX trades within the system.
- Act as back up to the wider product control team for the preparation of daily PnL and position reports.
- Partnering with the wider team to build efficiencies in current reports.
- Roll forward and design of new report models
Skills & Experience
- 2 plus years of relevant accounting experience, ideally trading and finance sector
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships.
- Ability to analyse data and interpret results.
- Excellent excel skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- P&L Analysis
- ACA qualified
- P&L Responsibility
- P&L Reporting
- Product Control