City of London, London
7 months ago
A Big 4 or Top 10 ACA/CA Newly Qualified Accountant is sought to work in a Mid-Tier Bank based in the City as a Product Controller. You will gain a broad skill set and be provided with excellent training and development.
The role will involve facing off to senior traders and other key stakeholders such as the price verification team, financial control (month-end reconciliations) and the middle office (trade capture) team.
The business and team seeks someone who is open to change and a desire to drive initiatives. This role will focus on PL review as well as some production. The team is very forward looking.
The duties will include the following:
- Manage the production and analysis of daily P&L and risk sensitivities.
- Obtain necessary sign-off from Front-Office (Traders) of the reported Risk and P/L
- Preparation of daily reporting for review and submission to stakeholders
- Liaises with other teams to ensure breaks are cleared on a timely basis
- Month end process ensuring all month end requirements set by the Financial Controllers are met, within a specified timetable
- Manage relationships with controlling management, financial control, middle office, legal, market risk management
- Balance sheet substantiation
Alongside an Audit background from Big 4/Top 10 you will have drive and a positive attitude. Key is personality and leadership qualities, you will be able to challenge what they are doing and bring in change. They have numerous automation and robotics initiatives and, although they do not want to change things for the sake of it, they are seeking someone to come on board who has ideas and enthusiasm to making efficiency's. The role will have a significant impact on the progression of the team and to you in your career.
You can either further develop a career in product control or widen your future to accounting or non-accounting positions within Financial Services. The business has a strong track record of moving people internally into different teams and promoting from within.