Project Accountant/ Commercial Finance Analyst position for a Global Consultancy business. This role is a 12 month FTC with potential for extension/ perm. The role purpose is to provide Business Partnering and financial support and will be hybrid working, 3 days in the office and 2 days at home.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Happy working through a system implementation and significant change
- Experience with high volume of data and reconciliation for income and costs - ideally to a project level
- Provide detailed analysis and commentary against actuals/ forecast/ budget
- Manage the preparation of management accounts on a monthly basis including variance analysis to budget / forecast.
- Preparation of monthly commentary / financial reports for management and regional management on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile project income and costs to ensure accuracy on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of forecast on a monthly basis and budget on an annual basis.
- Participate in, test and provide feedback for Commercial tools. Support the role out of these tools, embed and champion their use.
- Collaborate with Operations/ Finance and IT stakeholders during the continued implementation of the new finance system. Help to resolve issues and support continuous improvement and using the system to its highest efficiency.
- Support business pricing proposals when required.
- Support strong financial controls and data integrity.
- Liaise with Regional Finance Managers to ensure consistency in accounting across the region.
- Provide ad hoc financial support to as required.
- Assist with local statutory reporting requirements as required.
- Assist Director of Commercial Finance and Regional Finance Director as required.
- Commercial acumen with examples
- Self starter, initiative, experience with process improvements and/or creation
- Excellent people skills for business partnering
- Candidates must be studying towards a recognised UK accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) or be fully qualified