City of London, London
£70000 - £75000 per annum
4 months ago
A great position to use your exisiting Regulatory Reporting experience, including COREP, for the projects and change area. Working in the regulatory reporting function as a Qualified Accountant you will gain exposure to numerous projects and gain a varied experience. COREP and an Accountancy Qualification is essential. It's ideal if you have worked in projects/change but not essential.
You will undertake the following tasks:
- Business process and regulatory requirements analysis
- understanding current regulatory, liquidity and capital management business processes
- analysing new regulatory requirements and documenting key implications for reporting, management and controls framework
- where appropriate, to develop/prototype new tactical processes and models
- identify cost effective solutions to problems/issues identified and being able to work with the BAU team to justify any recommendations
- specify clear and precise requirements of the process and system improvements
- contribute to strengthening control processes; this will include objectively reviewing existing processes and assisting the reporting managers producing relevant MI to appropriately prioritise new initiatives
- identifying key steps or whole processes that could be automated to improve controls and efficiency
- Undertake the various testing tasks for regulatory reporting system solutions including vendor product and in-house development:
- developing test plans and test data and to document the test cases and expected results
- test vendor product for supporting new products, new regulatory reporting requirements, fixes released in vendor solution etc.
- working with the IT/Vendor team during testing, to give early feedback on development/solution/fix requirements
- undertaking user acceptance testing and walk through, with BAU users, the results of the testing;
- logging issues and following up with the IT team to ensure that these are addressed as per priority
- Work closely with the IT team that is developing and implementing strategic and tactical solutions for the regulatory reporting team;
- Develop prototypes and tactical solutions for preparing reports and returns. Fully document processes and assumptions underpinning the reporting and hold BAU user workshops prior to formally handing over. Acting as advisor and addressing any post release development work
- When required, work closely with other departments that provide data and feeds to regulatory reporting for producing reports, to help communicate and develop solutions to data quality issues effecting RR reporting. This may require working with other IT teams to develop system solutions.
Please apply if you are a Qualified Accountant with COREP experience.