City of London, London
6 months ago
A growing business have a newly created position for an Accountant (part or fully qualified) with at least 3-4 years accounting experience. Reporting to a Director, this great opportunity to join a small property business as an all-round financial and management accountant will allow you to develop in a number of accounting areas.
You will work alongside another Accountant take responsibility for the following tasks:
- Prepares monthly statements by collecting data; analysing and investigating variances; summarising data, information, and trends.
- Prepares state quarterly and annual statements by assembling data.
- Complies with tax filing requirements by studying regulations; adhering to requirements; advising management on required actions; calculating quarterly estimated tax payments; assembling data for quarterly and annual tax filings.
- Respond to financial inquiries by gathering, analysing, summarising, and interpreting data.
- Provides financial advice by studying operational issues; applying financial principles and practices; developing recommendations.
- Prepares special reports by studying variances; preparing budgets; developing forecasts.
- Keeping current with financial regulations and accepted practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
Experience of automation and process improvement to increase the efficiency of recurring tasks will be highly beneficial as well as the ability to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions including the ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented.
Please apply for this role if you are Qualified or currently studying towards ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent. Ideally you will have worked in property or a small to medium sized Audit firm.