City of London, London
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Study + Benefit
2 months ago
A real estate investment and capital management company are looking to hire a Property Accountant to join their growing team. They operate out of several global offices so this role will offer international exposure.
The business is expanding its investments in Europe and is therefore going through an extended period of rapid growth. The role will support the Finance Manager with ensuring a consistently smooth set of accounting functions.
This position will offer chances to get involved in preparation of management reporting, mentoring from an experienced CFO and exposure to managing relationships with stakeholders inside the business. The CFO has specified that candidates come with strong academics, be at finalist or newly qualified level, and a background in property.
Key Responsibilities -
- Management Accounting alongside FM. Production of Board and Operations packs.
- Business partnering with Senior Asset Managers and financial accounting
- Ensuring timely month-end closing and balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of financial statements for audit
- Review the accounts prepared by property managers and outsourced agents
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Handle tax matters in a timely manner
- Perform credit reviews for potential clients and suppliers
Other Duties -
- Provide financial project management support for development projects
- Assist with the implementation of systems, processes and policies
- Ensure compliance and internal control.
- Ad hoc project work
Skills required -
- ACCA or CIMA finalist or newly qualified
- Degree level educated with strong academics
- 2 years minimum experience in an Accounting role
- A background within property/audit with real estate clients is essential
- Experience in SAP advantageous
- Sociable personality - outgoing, confident communicator
- Ambitious, driven by a career in Accounting
- Flexibility in approach to managing own work load
This role is paying up to £50k + Study Support