£40000 - £50000 per annum + 10% - 20% bonus, holiday, pension.
9 months ago
A prestigious private equity firm in west end are looking to hire a "qualififed by experience"Fund Accountant to join their team. This role presents a significant opportunity for the individual to develop their understanding of the investment accounting function.
The Accountant will be responsible for accurate and timely input to, and verification of investment data within, the portfolio accounting system, as well as assisting with periodic external reporting.
The CFO has specified that the candidate is a "qualififed by experience" accountant, and holds experience in Financial Services particularly the funds industry.
- Fund administration of segregated accounts
- Trade input and verification for equities
- Bank reconciliation preparation
- Stock reconciliation preparation
- Daily reasonableness checks of positions, pricing and exchange rates
- Quoted fund valuations
- Derivative valuations
- Assisting the year-end audit
- Ad-hoc project work as and when required
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of/exposure to investments, with a strong interest in developing that knowledge
- Strong Excel skills
- Good communicator who raises issues promptly to the team
- Ability to solve problems and work independently
- Proactive and well organised with a continuous improvement mindset
- QBE Accountant (qualified by experience)
- Strong academic background
- Financial Services background with fund experience - essential
- Knowledge of system - APX extremely advantageous but not a prerequisite
- Competent and flexible individual
- Team player with great communication skills