City of London, London
£28000 - £38000 per annum
3 months ago
Are you a qualified Civil Engineer looking for something a little bit different? If so I have an exciting opportunity for you to move into an R&D Engineering position based at a Top 10 Accountancy practice in Central London. This firm have an excellent reputation, are a leader in their field and have a strong established client base.
In this role you will be able to apply your existing skills and knowledge, you will be working closely with Civil Engineering Clients helping them to understand the Tax relief they can claim through HMRC Tax relief.
You will join an excellent team of R&D consultants who will support you in broadening your knowledge to become an expert in the field of R&D. You will be able to translate complex ideas into non-technical concepts and communicate these with civil engineering clients.
To apply for this role you will be a holder of a recognised Engineering or Science University Degree (BSc/ BEng, MSc/ MEng and/ or PhD) in the field of civil or structural engineering is a core requirement. A non-exhaustive list of relevant subjects has been provided below:
* Civil Engineering
* Structural Engineering
* Highways/Transport/Rail Engineering
* Geotechnical Engineering
* Environmental Engineering
* Quantity Surveying + Project Experience.
* A recognised higher-level qualification in business or financial studies such as a business degree would be an added advantage (but not necessary)
* Previous experience within industry in the application of Science and Engineering is also an added advantage (but again not necessary)
* Ideally proven experience of working on several projects, meeting deadlines and working under pressure
* Experienced in working within a business unit with internal and external clients
* Excellent communication (both spoken and written) and people skills with the ability to translate complex ideas into non-technical concepts
* Strong numerical ability
* Curiosity, awareness and an interest in the fields of science, technology and innovation
* Be highly proactive in the approach to new work opportunities
* Team player and ability to work on own initiative
* Able to project a professional, credible image
* Ability to demonstrate a high level of commercial awareness
* Trustworthy and able to maintain confidentiality.
* Able to travel to clients' premises for meetings and on-site reviews as well as other offices as needed
Please contact Vish Juggapah at Kennedy Pearce on 0203 846 0765 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org