£80000 - £90000 per annum
7 months ago
City based International Bank are looking to recruit a Real Estate Manager. You'll be responsible for carrying out the successful origination, execution and ongoing management of Commercial Real Estate ('CRE') finance transactions, supporting the team as it develops and expands its business activities in the European markets
- To source, identify and evaluate potential CRE deals and other real estate related opportunities and carry out the subsequent internal processes (including establishing a dialogue with the sponsors and the arrangers, and proceeding towards the credit approval stage). To liaise with relevant departments in head office for achieving such purpose.
- To review and analyse the key terms and conditions of each transaction and the associated credit risks and mitigants.
- To carry out all aspects of the execution process, including reviewing documentation; instructing (and liaising with) valuers and solicitors; analysing financial aspects (including cash flow modeling as appropriate), understanding and checking security packages and taking account of all other credit-related issues.
- To carry out the ongoing credit risk and compliance monitoring of the CRE portfolio, including preparing periodic reviews; taking responsibility for waiver requests; closely monitoring any problem scenarios which may arise; and prepare a necessary contingency plan for the problematic asset.
- To assist with reviewing the business strategy for the European Commercial Real Estate sub-sectors, including identifying business opportunities and risks; developing the loan investment criteria; liaising with Head Office; and coordinating with the relevant departments to realize the appropriate investment strategy.
- To report regularly to Head Office the business environment (market update and investor/arrangers' activity update) with respect to European Commercial Real Estate sub-sectors.
- To broaden and strengthen the department's business relationships with other bank lenders, sponsors and advisors across the industry.
- To plan asset management activity in order to diversify the risk of the CRE loan portfolio and to strengthen London Branch's role as gate keeper for our trust clients.
- To assist with creating solutions for the Bank's clients who plan to develop their real estate related business in Europe, liaising with Head Office and coordinating with the relevant departments.
- To carry out such other duties as may be requested from time to time by the Head of Department, the General Manager or other appropriate members of the senior management team.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have 5 years+ experience in the CRE finance market and having correspondingly strong relationships in the industry (including banks, professionals, sponsors etc).