City of London, London
£45000 - £55000 per annum
5 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Regulatory Accountant to join an international bank in the heart of the City.
The role is to provide support and assistance in the preparation of the Bank's regulatory reporting requirements together with all other monthly and statutory returns.
The successful candidate will have experience preparing regulatory returns including BOE/PRA, and hold a "hit the ground running" attitude.
- Preparation and support for the generation of all UK Regulatory returns and templates in accordance with the regulatory rules
- Preparation of variance analysis of the recent templates against previous return
- Generating, populating, inputting, checking and submitting the regulatory returns using the Banks regulatory software solution
- Keeping up to date with the new regulation and the upcoming changes in regulatory reporting
- Preparing and documenting validation of the regulatory returns against the Banks' Financial statements as well as Management Accounts and any other supporting documents
- Preparation and support in generation of the monthly Management Accounts
- Preparation of variance analysis and commentary
- Assist in the preparation of the yearly Financial Statements of the Bank
- Other ad-hoc duties when required
- 3 years experience in preparing regulatory returns including EBA as well as BOW/PRA returns
- Finalist or Qualified ACCA/CIMA Accountant
- Previous experience gained within a financial institution
- Accuracy and attention to detail and pro-active manner
- Good overall knowledge and understanding of accounting principles relevant to the role
- Team player with excellent communication skills