City of London, London
9 months ago
Working closely alongside the Head of Finance for a growing challenger Bank you will be the most senior member of the team and take on a range of accounting responsibilities. The business is growing and at an exciting stage of being established but there is plenty of opportunity to develop systems and procedures. Theerfore you can have a signaficant impact and make change.
The focus of the role is to take responsibility for Regulatory Reporting and Financial Accounting. You will also get involved with projects and cover for the Head of Finance.
- You will need to ensure all external Regulatory Reports and internal reports are produced on a timely and accurate basis.
- Complete reporting for FCA, PRA and BoE
- Reporting will include COREP, LCR and FSA
Assist the Head of Finance to complete the:
- Interim and annual Consolidated Financial Statements and accompanying notes under IFRS
- Statutory accounts and accompanying notes for all Group Companies;
- Review of Monthly Management Accounts for all Group Companies and produce Consolidated Accounts;
Other duties include assisting the Head of Finance with corporation taxation matters, ensure all policies and procedures are kept up to date and are adhered to, assist with the interim and final audits and assist with all VAT and Indirect Tax matters including keeping an up to date record of current procedures.
As the Senior member of the Finance team you will cover for the Head of Finance as required. You will also assist and take lead on projects to improve processes, create efficiency and automate. A key project will be to automate the regulatory reporting which will allow more time for you to gain further experience in other accounting areas.
This is a career opportunity for you if you seek to develop and learn in a growing Challenger Bank. They are looking for a Qualified Accountant with post qualified experience from Financial Services. You need to have some regulatory accounting experience to be selected as well as positive and flexible attutitude. The team is vibrant and friendly, there is a good atmosphere and a good team working enviornment.