City of London, London
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
8 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Regulatory Accountant to join a leading bank in the heart of the city.
This role requires the candidate to take ownership of tasks and deliverables within the monthly and quarterly COREP, PRA and Bank of England statistical reporting.
The successful candidate will hold a background within Financial Services and regulatory reporting experience.
- Ensure that all regulatory reporting and relevant financial reporting is timely, compliant and accurate.
- Production of Regulatory and Bank of England statistical returns on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Analysing and providing advice on the PRA (or equivalent) regulatory reporting implications of new and existing business.
- Work closely with Head of Regulatory Reporting in performing scenario analysis for liquidity, capital and related requirements.
- The implementation of the automated COREP reporting.
- Detailed analysis of existing PRA and Bank of England reporting and providing recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure stressed risk measures are in line with best practice and meet regulatory requirements.
- Resolution of queries from internal and external stakeholders, ensuring a swift response and compliance with the internal policy.
- Review, report, resolve, mitigate and escalate regulatory reporting risks and issues as appropriate.
- Engage management and stakeholders to reflect inputs to ILAAP and ICAAP as part of finalisation process.
- Expert level numeracy, numerical reasoning and numerical analysis skills.
- Keen analytical skills with the ability to challenge current processes and develop recommendations for alternate solutions.
- Skills in a regulatory reporting or financial reporting system.
- Highly analytical with a structured and methodical approach to problem solving and able to translate and interpret large amounts of data.
- Strong ability to critically review and sense check data.
- Banking background with banking product and CRDIV knowledge.
- Prior experience of Bank of England statistical reporting.
- Strong, positive interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Part qualified/ qualified (1-2 years) accountant with financial services and regulatory reporting experience
- Degree level educated
- FINREP experience
- Extensive knowledge of bank and regulatory frameworks
- Essential skills include, autonomy of work while retaining ability to work in a team, detailed, methodical and accurate
- Showing initiative and quick to learn
- Experience of dealing with senior management
- Strong IT skills