City of London, London
£35000 - £40000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Our client, an International Bank based in the City of London are looking to recruit a Relationship Officer to join their expanding Middle East/Asia desk to lead and grow their business proposition in the Middle East & Asia through strategic relationship management. You will be well versed in correspondent banking, trade finance, syndications, cash management, commercial lending and credit and other staples of the profession.
Main responsibilities will include;
- To contribute to the overall growth of the Middle East/Asia Desk.
- To maintain regular official and social contact with customers by visiting and networking.
- To identify and develop business opportunities in line with our focus areas.
- To grow our wallet size of assigned managed relationships.
- To identify and follow up on relevant cross selling opportunities within the Bank.
- To monitor the market and competitor activity towards ensuring that opportunities for new business are not overlooked and market share is not eroded.
- To initiate credit discussion, work with the Credit Analyst on preparing the credit applications and follow up to closure.
- To work with the credit analyst on reviewing credit facilities and ensure monitoring and timely renewals (as appropriate)
- To ensure prompt escalation and resolution customer complains (within 48 hours max).
- To be abreast with reporting of irregularities and customer KYC, AML etc.
- Ensure the unit's deal list is kept up to date.
- Ensure compliance with the FCA/PRA's Individual Conduct Rules as outlined below.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have the following background, experience and skills;
- Degree educated - idealy 2:1 or above
- Commercial awareness
- Possess basic banking experience.
- Possess basic credit experience.
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Be self-motivated/ work with minimal supervision.
- Business and Customer Service focused
- Good organizational skills
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- Team player
- A strong commitment to living the Bank's values