£30000 - £37000 per annum
2 months ago
KennedyPearce are currently recruiting a Royalties Controller for an exciting media based Practice.
Based in central London, the client are one of the leading music specialist firms of accountants and tax advisors. They provide accountancy and taxation services to music industry clients.
Over the past 20 years the client have enjoyed continued growth and now have departments specialising in tax, touring, recording, publishing, and business management services for artists and managers.
It is seeking a Royalties Controller to join the team dealing with clients who are copyright holders such as record companies, publishers, writers and composers.
- Maintaining agreements files
- Maintaining royalty statement files
- Maintaining licence files
- Typing contracts / liaising with artists to ensure signature and execution of contracts.
- To ensure effective and proactive management of high-profile clients' repertoire registration and collection with the appropriate collecting societies.
- To administer the receipt and organisation of royalty statements, both paper and electronically;
- To assist in the preparation of royalty accounting for record labels and publishing companies;
- To administer PRS Live
- Handling the registration process for tracks for PPL, PRS, MCPS and other collection societies.
- Ad-hoc project work as and when required
- 2+ years of Royalties experience
- PPL/PRS experience - essential
- Working knowledge of recording and publishing companies and collection societies
- Ability to interpret agreements
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office, with a primary focus on Word and Outlook
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to produce royalty statements to a high standard
- Sociable personality
- Excellent communication skills
This role is offering up to £37000 plus benefits