City of London, London
£45000 - £60000 per annum
10 months ago
Senior Accountant for a large financial services business based in Central London. This opportunity will oversee the work of a couple of Part Qualified Accountants.
It is ESSENTIAL you have experience in SAP to be considered for this role.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Review reports and resolve any queries/errors arising
- Process and approve payment requests in accordance with the authorisation table
- Review prepayments and accruals
- Provide advice and support to business departments and regional corporate departments as required
- Manage certain projects conducted by business departments for accurate accounting in appropriate period, communicating with business sections in timely manner
- Coordinate with other members to prepare consolidated Revenue Recognition Gross/Net analysis on a quarterly basis
- Conduct annual inventory revaluation
- Perform credit card statement reconciliation and book relevant entries in SAP
- Review fixed assets / banks/ sweep/ inventory reconciliation prepared by team members
- Review all quarterly supplementary schedules prepared by team members
- Assist with external audit, manage SAP data for notes disclosure, address queries from auditors and coordinate with other team members to ensure correct and relevant data is provided in a timely manner
- Prepare intercompany reconciliations on a quarterly basis, investigate differences and request necessary corrections
- Conduct quarterly sample checking process for sales transactions
You will either be a Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or you can be Qualified by Experience. You must have SAP.
To liaise with the business you need to be a strong communicator who is self-driven, flexible and adaptable with experience in preparing the monthly management accounts.