City of London, London
£40000 - £50000 per annum
6 months ago
Currently seeking a Senior Accountant ideally with SAP and from Oil & Gas,Transport or similar complex large business. You will join a team in a position created due to an internal promotion. The role is located in Central London and takes responsibility for the following tasks:
- Review morning reports and resolve any queries/errors arising
- Process and approve payment requests in accordance with the authorisation table, clearing temporary receipts on daily basis for companies/sections
- Review prepayments and accruals
- Provide advice and support to business departments and regional corporate departments as required
- Manage certain projects conducted by business departments for accurate accounting in appropriate period, communicating with business sections in timely manner
- Coordinate with other members to prepare consolidated Revenue Recognition Gross/Net analysis on a quarterly basis
- Conduct annual inventory revaluation
- Check Concur upload workbooks, help solve queries and resolve issues with Concur interface
- Perform credit card statement reconciliation and book relevant entries in SAP
- Review fixed assets / banks/ sweep/ inventory reconciliation prepared by team members
- Assist with external audit, manage SAP data for notes disclosure, address queries from auditors and coordinate with other team members to ensure correct and relevant data is provided in a timely manner
- Prepare intercompany reconciliations on a quarterly basis, investigate differences and request necessary corrections
- Conduct quarterly sample checking process for sales transactions
- Assist with the coordination of team tasks including month end checks, reconciliations Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss review.
You can be Qualified by Experience, Part Qualified, Finalist or Qualified. You will ideally have SAP and experience in Oil & Gas, Energy, Transport, mining etc Most important is that you have worked for a larger complex business.
Our client needs someone with excellent written and verbal communication skills who is self-driven, flexible and adaptable.