City of London, London
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Study + Benefits
7 months ago
A leading brokerage are looking to hire an Accounts Payable to join their accounts team.
The Expense Accountant will record the payable invoices into the company's ledgers and prepare them for payment, therefore a solid background within purchase ledger is required for this role.
The business is expanding and is therefore going through an extended period of growth. The role will support the Head of Finance with ensuring a consistently smooth set of accounting functions.
This position will offer chances to get involved in recording the assets and liabilities of the business, ensuring expenses are paid in a timely fashion and reporting on the financial performance of the company.
- Daily invoice processing
- Record the VAT on the payable invoices
- Accruals and prepayments is a MUST
- Weekly payment BACS processing and balance checks
- Prepare forecasted expenses inline with budget
- Prepare and report payment statistics
- Ensure the Accounts Payable ledger is accurate, fully allocated and any old or outstanding items are reported to the Head of Finance.
- Maintain the Fixed Assets ledger and record the depreciation
- Weekly processing of petty cash and personal expenses
- Ad hoc work as and when required
- Strong Accounts Payable experience with sound exposure to accruals and prepayments - essential
- A level educated - essential
- Previous experience of posting journals - essential
- Part qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA) - advantageous
- SUN system experience - advantageous
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team, both within finance and a multi-disciplinary setting
- Time management, organisational ability, diligence and accuracy of work are essential in this role
- Desire to continuously improve and streamline processes
This role is offering up to £35,000