£50000 - £55000 per annum
11 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Associate to join the real estate division of a prestigious Asset Manager in the heart of London.
The successful candidate will initially have full responsibility to manage the financial control and reporting for a legacy fund, several co-invest vehicles, and assist with the management of the clients real estate funds.
Reporting to a Fund Controller and joining a team of existing qualified accountants and more junior colleagues in London, the individual will be expected to build strong working relationships across the European Real Estate operation both in the UK and the offices abroad.
- Review and prepare capital call and distribution notices and cash allocation schedules
- Fund level cash monitoring; calculate fund reserves, monitor cash requirements
- Manage Fund level debt facility
- Oversight of fund administrators' output and evaluate performance against service agreements
- Review work performed by junior members of the Finance team to ensure they are preparing work efficiently and to a high standard.
- Assist with quarterly fund valuation process, including preparing the gross to net adjustments for real estate investments, and preparing a summary for senior management
- Assist Deal team with Fund acquisitions / disposals / restructuring
- Liaise with abroad office accountants on completing acquisitions and upstreaming distributions
- Maintain fund models and produce sensitivity and scenario analysis for the Portfolio Managers
- Prepare quarterly fund financial statements
- Act as key point person for external audit on own funds: plan year-end audit; prepare year-end files; liaise with audit team
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant
- Strong academics including degree level educated (2:1 or First)
- Private equity real estate experience would be advantageous
- Strong financial analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and hardworking. A team player, with a sense of humour.
- Confident in dealing with staff at all levels and disciplines