City of London, London
£70000 - £75000 per annum
6 months ago
A business who are energetic and progressive, they hire people who are motivated to drive their careers and have a open mind to change and move ahead of competitors. The company has a great track record of providing opportunity internally and allowing people to take responsibility for tasks and really feel part of something.
The finance team is seeking a number two to the Financial Controller who can take responsibility for interacting with stakeholders. It is key you can face off to the business and have the gravitas to work across all levels of seniority. Key tasks:
- Working with investment teams and group to monitor fund performance and maximise returns.
- Evolving Financial Reporting, Tax, Regulatory and property market developments, presenting to the team where applicable.
- Audit and tax projects across the team.
- Managing tax, regulatory and compliance risks
- Supporting the Financial Controller to ensure accurate and complete financial records to satisfy Companies Act, accounting standards and any other relevant legislation and regulations.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
You must be a Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar) with Investment Management/Hedge Fund/Private Equity or Property Investment experience. You are likely to have at least five years post-qualification experience and a proven track record of delivering on projects.
Key to this role is the confidence to present to wider groups, influence others and lead conversations with C-level stakeholders. Along with this are good organisational skills with an ability to multi-task.
If you have TAX experience this is a big benefit but essential.