City of London, London
£55000 - £65000 per annum
4 months ago
This exciting and important role within the Financial Control function of an Asset Management business has recently become available. The role offers the opportunity to develop and enhance existing Financial Accounting skills as a Qualified Accountant.
The primary focus of this role is to provide support to the Head of Financial & Regulatory Reporting in the day to day financial control activities of the business. This work is critical in enabling the business to measure its financial performance and position.
- Completion of divisional consolidation
- Assisting with submission of Group reporting and responding to ad hoc queries
- Review and sign-off of company balance sheet reconciliations
- Review of quarterly VAT returns
- Assist with preparation of Corporation Tax returns
- Completion and review of regulatory returns
- Statutory accounts preparation
- Key contact for both external and internal auditors
- Review of cash flow requirements
- Payment approvals
- Review and approval of month end journals
- Support for the Financial Planning & Analysis team when required
- Assisting with any future acquisition and / or disposals
You will be a Qualified Accountant with minimum one year post qualified industry experience and a strong academic record. You need to have a good understanding of IFRS accounting standards and consolidations. Ideally you will have gained experience in Asset Management, Banking or Financial Services but this is not essential.
You will also need to be a strong communicator, team player and have a keen interest in business and finance processes with a questioning mind to understand and develop those processes.