City of London, London
£65000 - £80000 per annum
5 months ago
Working in the Internal Audit department of a Bank in Central London you will be part of a small team that takes responsibility across the Bank for numerous departments. One of the challenges in this role is to ensure that you focus on key strategic and operational risks with a view to adding maximum value to the Bank in an efficient manner.
The internal audit department is regarded as an effective third line of defence whose aim is to assist the bank in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the Bank's governance, risk management and internal control systems and processes.
As an Internal Auditor you will responsible for assisting in the determination of the periodic risk based audit plan and the timely delivery of the plan as approved by the President and the Audit Committee. You will carry out specific ad-hoc responsibilities and tasks, including consulting work, as assigned by Internal Audit management.
- Develop open and constructive working relationships with stakeholders within your area of specialisation to enhance the efficiency, effectiveness and corporate benefits of the audit process.
- Identify the key audit risks that have an impact on the effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal controls in the relevant area;
- Devise and recommend to the Head/Deputy Head of Internal Audit an audit engagement plan to test the controls, procedures and processes designed by management to negate or mitigate the identified risks;
- Perform the agreed fieldwork with minimal supervision within the established time schedule, liaising with all necessary levels of the business as necessary in order to identify areas for improvement;
- Discuss the areas identified as needing improvement with the business and develop feasible recommendations to address the related weaknesses;
- Produce high quality audit reports for the approval of the Head/Deputy Head of Internal Audit.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
You must have a University degree and a relevant professional qualification such as CIA/PIA, ACA, ACCA, CPA, CFA.
Extensive years of relevant post qualification experience in an internal or external audit environment is ESSENTIAL.
Proven experience in auditing the appraisal and monitoring of project finance, corporate lending and equity investments is ESSENTIAL.
Other key areas the Bank is seeking is strong personal integrity and a commitment to highest ethical standards; The ability to always strive for excellence and be accountable for the performance of assigned tasks: The ability to identify and consider the Bank's principles, policies, strategic objectives, initiatives, resource limitations, culture and politics in the performance of assigned tasks; The ability to gain the respect of clients by demonstrating technical competence in the subject matter of the assigned work, as well as appropriate judgement in identifying and addressing issues; The ability to balance diplomacy with assertiveness.