City of London, London
£70000 - £75000 per annum
6 months ago
Market leading Fund Administration business are recruiting a new position due to growth. You will take responsibility for a team of 7. You will have oversight and review the teams work as well as be involved with the hands on technical accounting too. There is a focus on client meetings and you will join the Director and pull together proposals. In the future the opportunity has a clear path of development to be a Director and there is a desire for you to become FCA approved.
The main areas of responsibility and are as follows:
Provide excellent levels of client service in line with the business' standards, procedures and guidelines
- Develop, enhance and maintain business relationships and focus on client retention
- Develop and uphold a positive, strong, commercial and compliant culture
- Ensure strong financial performance of the team, monitoring team billing, WIP and debtor management
- Contribute to the overall strategy, structure and growth of your business unit
- Act as a higher authority on technical client specific matters
- To maintain knowledge of the external business environment and relevant industry specific trends in order to provide sound and practical advice to clients
- Demonstrates knowledge of corporate governance requirements, internal compliance, anti-money laundering and other relevant policies and procedures
Typical duties of the administration team would include:
- Ensuring fund assets are safe-guarded
- Monitoring and reconciling fund cash flows
- General oversight of funds ensuring performance aligns with documentation
- Ongoing maintenance of client bank accounts and management of drawdowns and distributions
- Ensuring good corporate governance and record-keeping is maintained across all client structures
- Co-ordinating and preparation of fund reports including valuation statements
- Communicating with investors and clients
The role requires you to develop commitment from your team and other staff through recognising good performance, providing timely and constructive feedback through leading by example.
A key part of this role is Business Development & Marketing. You must define a client needs by listening actively to their requirements and providing solutions. You will inspire confidence in new and existing clients by working with key decision makers and influencers to build strong and effective relationships.
You must have experience in Funds with staff management responsibilities. It is ideal if you have a Real Estate background but not essential, Private Equity is also highly desired. You are likely to come from another Fund Administration business but inhouse is also considered. Although, you must have experience of meeting clients/stakeholders face to face.