£40000 - £45000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Prestigious International Bank based in the West End are looking to recruit a Senior Operations Officer. In this position you will provide full operational support for the Head of Operations in managing and supervising the daily operations activities and the team of Operations officers. Services covered within this area include the in-house STP Payments system, Back Office treasury processes for the Banks FX and MM activities, Daily cash flows and position keeping, Agency Clearing activity, Cheque Collections, EMIR Reporting and departmental MI/ KPI reporting.
Main responsibilities will include;
- Responsible for the daily management of the STP System and related message flows covering all activity for correspondent bank and customer payments.
- Liaison with Compliance team in respect of message screening by the banks systems for operations transactions and payments
- Act as an approver for STP messages prior to release in SWIFT
- Verification authority in SWIFT with responsibility to ensure accuracy and correct formatting of messages.
- Daily Cash Management of positions with correspondents, liaising with other departments as required, particularly Trade Finance including co-ordination for movement of funds between correspondents
- Daily monitoring of internal and external cut-off times for payments
- To maintain the diary of future value payments and receipts
- Continuous monitoring and vigilance of all payments for AML purposes
- Responsible for the day to day management and handling of queries and investigations
- Responsible for the reconciliation and distribution of incoming SWIFT messages and logs
- To monitor all SWIFT queues throughout the day to ensure payments are processed
- Responsible for organizing the departmental filing records and archiving processes in accordance with Bank policy and procedure
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must meet the below criteria;
- Education /qualifications: Ideally degree educated or equivalent and relevant Banking qualification.
- Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years' experience gained from within another financial institution.
- Previous banking experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of latest AML regulations in respect to payments and sanctions
- Knowledge and understanding of SWIFT message formats covering Treasury and Payments (CHAPs / FP)
- Good familiarity with external payments systems - CHAPs, Faster Payments, BACS etc.
- Knowledge of Agency Clearing processes
- Familiar with all aspects of Treasury processes and settlements
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good all round Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to make decisions
- Previous supervisory experience
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain good relationships with the Bank's staff and customers.
- Ability to be able to deal confidently with the highest levels of customer contact and industry peers.