City of London, London
3 months ago
A good opportunity to join a growing bank as a Senior Regulatory Reporting Accountant responsible for the full remit and regulatory accounting. The role will cover a broad spectrum of responsibilities and assist with other accounting when needed. This permanent position is a great role for you if you are seeking variety within a smaller finance team and you would like to take the lead in Regulatory Accounting. It is essential you have regulatory accounting knowledge.
Experience needed to apply for this role is Regulatory Accounting, key responsibilities are as follows:
- Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate delivery of the accounting period's regulatory reporting to the FCA, PRA and the Bank of England.
- Responsible for delivering timely and accurate returns and data requirements to regulators, including maintaining an up to date knowledge of relevant regulations and being the in-house expert on regulatory capital requirements.
- Also be able to substitute for Head of Financial Reporting when required to prepare monthly MI Reporting and Quarterly reporting.
- Managing policies and controls to support robust regulatory reporting and control.
- Responsible jointly with the Head of Financial Reporting for implementation and control of full balance sheet attestations process.
- Maintain close liaison with Head of Compliance and Head of Treasury in ensuring governance and accuracy in submission of returns to the regulators.
- Building and managing good working relationships with internal and external regulatory experts to develop and enhance regulatory reporting framework.
- Providing analysis and support to senior management decision-making and complex issue resolution, including influencing decisions on new products,
- Monitoring and reviewing market guidance and legislation to ensure continued compliance with IFRS, FCA Reports and group reporting requirements.
- Assist the Risk and CFO in the preparation of the ICAAP/ILAAP and other regulatory deliverables
- Assisting the CFO in developing and management of regulatory and financial policies for the Bank
- Spearhead special projects and other responsibilities as typically required for a rapidly growing bank as directed by the CFO.
You must be a Qualified Accountant with experience in Banking and Regulatory Accounting to be considered for this role. You will need to be a strong communicator and have good report writing skills. The ability to think practically and translate concepts into effective processes is also very important as well as demonstrating learning agility.