£100000 - £120000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Our client, a prestigious international bank based in London are looking to recruit a new Senior Relationship Director to focus on Corporate Banking/Clients. The Corporate Banking ("CB") team in London is involved in the sourcing of value enhancing transactions for the bank that tie in with other units including: (Structured) Trade Finance, Financial Institutions, Correspondent Banking, Private Banking & Treasury. The client profile will be in line with the strategy for the bank as outlined from time to time and will require an element of Middle Eastern interaction (and by preference UAE). This element can either be through trade or capital flows and deviation from this point will only be allowed on an ad hoc basis by senior management sign off as outlined in the risk appetite statement.
A key aspect of the department will be origination and management of client relationships through facilitating credit applications that are assessed both at a London level (through head of Wholesale Banking and Country Manager) and head office level.
It is the responsibility of the incumbent to drive the credit approval process in coordination with the relevant analyst to the standards as set out by the Head of Wholesale Banking.
In line with the above, the envisaged transactions will be reflective of both the trade finance as well as the corporate aspect:
- Participations in syndicated facilities;
- Bilateral lending facilities;
- (Silent) Payment Undertaking Guarantees;
- Inventory and receivables finance;
- Pre-export finance facilities;
- Supply chain finance;
- General trade facilities;
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience/skills;
- At least 10 years Corporate banking Experience
- Experience and contacts within at least 2 relevant categories of clients (i.e. commodity traders, contractors or exporters);
- Positive attitude and ability to be flexible within the context of a small set up
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (additional languages are a plus)
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills
- Academic degree in relevant subject matter(s) or qualification such as ACIB