£90000 - £100000 per annum
8 months ago
An opportunity to work for a Challenger Bank as Treasurer/Head of Treasury. You will be responsible for the full remit of tasks across treasury from a back and middle office perspective. The position is pivotal to the funding and liquidity management for the Bank and you will be a member of the Asset and Liability Committee (ALCO).
This is an exciting position at a time where the Bank have obtained their FCA licence and have put the infrastructure in place to grow further. You will report to the CFO and be supported by an excellent senior management team.
As the Treasurer you will be responsible for the following;
- Functional management of Treasury, Liquidity and Balance Sheet risks:
- Define, implement and monitor the liquidity position of the Bank and its Forex Risk.
- Assessing, monitoring, planning and managing efficient utilisation of cash and balance sheet in a consistent manner.
- Oversee and review daily funding requirements, including presentation of these to the ALCO.
- Implementing and enhancing funding and liquidity strategy.
- Take ownership of ILAAP and other liquidity regulatory reporting requirements.
- Optimise the balance sheet, as well as capital, liquidity and funding resources.
- Take a lead role in defining, implementing and monitoring hedging strategies for both Foreign Exchange and Interest Rate positions to minimise and/or eliminate risk.
- Oversee the Bank's foreign exchange, interest rate and hedging strategies, including the monthly hedge accounting process.
- Ensure approved limits structure are in place and that all business limits are maintained within approved limits.
- Support the review of and recommend any necessary changes of Treasury policies.
- Ensures Treasury's representation in projects involving the implementation of major changes in the systems technology area for the Bank.
- Act as a lead point of contact for banking and corporate treasury relationships and funding lines.
- Operational management of the Treasury, Liquidity, Capital Adequacy and Balance Sheet risks:
- Implement and enforce an adequate controls framework over the Bank's Treasury activities, including interest rate and foreign exposure policies.
- Ensure full observance of and adherence to applicable compliance and other regulatory requirements and guidelines including relevant regulatory returns.
- Also ensure Regulatory Reporting in respect of treasury products and for Returns in which balances relating to Treasury are presented is carried out in most efficient manner as the Bank has a zero tolerance policy on Regulatory Returns.
- Run and develop daily controls of limits and procedures related to Treasury and to assist in the process to build new tools and procedures to ensure controls.
- Ensure adherence to all internal and external limits.
- Maintain strategic capability to meet stressed liquidity conditions if and when required.
- Managing policies and controls to support robust financial reporting and control for Treasury.
- Assist the Risk and CFO in the preparation of the ICAAP/ILAAP and other regulatory deliverables.
- Assisting the CFO in developing and management of treasury policies for the Bank.
- Spearhead special projects and other responsibilities as typically required for a rapidly growing bank as directed by the CFO.
To apply you must have Treasury experience from an SME Bank to have the varied experience required. Inparticular, the CFO is looking for the following three key skills: Balance Sheet Management, Liquidity Management and Market Risk. A relevant qualification, for example ACT or a Qualified Accountant, is preferred.