City of London, London
£40000 - £50000 per annum
12 months ago
City based International Bank are looking to recruit within their Shipping & Aviation Finance Department at Officer level. You will be responsible for the ongoing monitoring and management of the loans in the Bank's Aviation Finance portfolio and to lead any prospective future Facility Agency and/or Security Trustee activities in the Aviation sector.
Main Responsibilities will include;
- To carry out regular covenant compliance checks for each of the loan facilities in the portfolio, in accordance with the requirements stipulated in each loan agreement and any applicable additional internal rules.
- To maintain and update the relevant internal monitoring databases to reflect the results of the periodic covenant monitoring (including recording of financial information for borrowers and sponsors) and to carry out any other regular internal reporting that may be required.
- To act as the primary point of contact for external parties in relation to the ongoing management of each loan and to receive and review any requests from Borrowers for waivers or other changes to the facilities.
- To manage the internal process of reviewing, processing and responding to any waiver requests, following consultation with Front Office (which remains responsible for the credit), Loan Administration and any other appropriate departments. This function may involve drafting memos for submission to senior management and/or Global Credit Supervision Department, under the control of the relevant Front Officer.
- To coordinate the Bank's regular Asset Assessment process in relation to the loans in the Aviation Finance portfolio. This will include preparation of reporting paperwork for each transaction for approval by the relevant Front Officer.
- Whenever the Bank is appointed to act as Facility Agent on any transaction, to take responsibility for all non-administrative aspects of the agency role. This includes managing communications between the Borrower and the bank syndicate, handling any requests for waivers or other changes and coordinating lenders' actions following any defaults or other problems.
- Whenever the Bank is appointed to act as Security Trustee, to take responsibility for all associated activities, including handling all necessary registrations of security, ensuring safe custody throughout the life of the facility and carrying out any appropriate reporting from time to time.
- To assist Front Officers with gathering and checking information required for the Bank's periodic "Know Your Customer" checks and in preparing the associated paperwork.
- From time to time and to the extent feasible, to support and assist the Front Office Account Managers by carrying out corporate credit analysis on the airlines and/or leasing companies applicable to each Aviation deal under the supervision of the relevant Account Manager.
- To carry out such other duties as may be requested from time to time by the Head of Department, the General Manager or other appropriate members of the senior management team.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following background and skills;