City of London, London
£30000 - £40000 per annum
about 1 year ago
The role will feature a training period of 6 months+ in London before moving full time to Madrid. Full training will be provided in sell-side FX analysis and market commentary and fresh graduates that match the criteria well are welcome to apply. Comprehensive media training will be provided with the intention of creating a long-term resident economic and financial market expert for Spain.
The successful candidate will have an enthusiasm for financial markets, strong quantitative skills, knowledge of macroeconomics, and exceptional communication skills. Familiarity with macroeconomic forecasting, especially time series econometrics is desirable. Also important is a natural curiosity and passion for geopolitical news and current affairs.
Main responsibilities will include;
- Providing analysis of foreign exchange markets for Monex front office, clients, and media.
- Regular reactive analysis of events such as data releases, central banks.
- Keeping the front office informed through participation in team meetings and calls.
- Providing bespoke analysis on themes and topics as directed by Head of Market Analysis.
- Translation of English content into Spanish.
- Providing content to clients as and when directed.
- Contributing to ongoing long form research and forecasting by the analysis team.
- Building macroeconomic and econometric models for understanding developments in relevant economies and financial markets.
- Developing strong opinions on current and future developments in FX, central banks, economics, supported by evidence.
- Develop, with support and training, knowledge and confidence as a market analyst capable of providing commentary for media and clients.
- During the training period the objective will be to become familiar with foreign exchange and global markets and economics in general, and be taught how to formulate engaging opinions and research for media and the wider public.
- Media training, interview techniques, training in writing interesting and well supported opinion pieces for general consumption.
Candidates must have the following educational background and technical skills;
- BSc Economics degree (E)
- MSc Economics or Econometrics (D)
- Native or Bilingual Spanish (E)
- Professional English (E)
- Enthusiasm for and interest in FX markets (D)
- Passion for economic, political, and monetary policy analysis. Opinions on the same. (D)
- Econometric modelling, especially time series econometrics (D)