£300 - £330 per day
NM TA 1_1561733071
4 months ago
Purpose of the Role:
To support the UK/Europe regional finance team with general and technical accounting matters.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The role will principally to support the activities of the Assistant Regional Controller and wider regional finance team.
- Participate in accounting projects as necessary, for example, IFRS 16 implementation, componentisation of the fixed asset register, UK consolidation, and other IFRS related projects.
- Assist Corporate with new standard, such as credit impairment for short-term receivables.
- Prepare account reconciliations for any accounts on an ad-hoc basis as needed.
- Prepare analysis for requests by the business / external parties.
- Assist in the implementation of OneSource.
- Participate in the month-end close process (ad hoc and lease accounting), for example, prepare journal entries, assist in gathering information, ad hoc Corporate deliverables.
- Assist with internal and external audits - pulling information, addressing queries.
- Responsible for documenting accounting positions with respect to key initiatives in the form of technical accounting memos (initial drafts and amendments).
- Assistance in the continued development of the IFRS manual of accounting.
- Ability to escalate issues as appropriate to senior members of the regional finance team.
- Performing lease vs buy analysis and provide other lease related information to business partners.
- Assist in the preparation of FRS 101 financial statements and associated tax information.
Key job requirements:
- Qualified ACA or equivalent.
- Ability to provide a reasoned technical justification requested by the business.
- Experience in the implementation of the new accounting standards.
- Knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP is desirable (will learn on the job).
- Excellent financial and analytical abilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi task and work well under pressure, prioritising tasks and workload and managing conflicting demands of the business units and senior management team.
- Excellent attention to detail with a high level of accuracy of work.
- Excel skills, specifically: pivot tables, lookups, present values, index match.
- Ability to travel occasionally to Birmingham.
- Attacks goals and objectives with drive, energy and enthusiasm;
- Proactive approach to work and uses own initiative to implement improvements;
- Embraces new challenges, is hands on operationally and gets things done;
- Sets high standards of work for self, and team, and consistently achieves these;
- High level of integrity and openness, combined with commitment to good governance;
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for operational excellence and innovation, in pursuit of business growth and success;
- Leads by example and provides honest and clear leadership that helps drive results;
- Listens attentively to others' perspectives and provides constructive feedback and coaching;
- Exhibits and lives the Group's core values:
- Focus for disciplined growth;
- Integrity to earn the trust of others;
- Respect for all people with whom we deal;
- Excellence in everything we do.