£35000 - £40000.00 per annum
3 months ago
My Client, an international Bank based in the City, are looking for a Trade Finance Assistant to join their rapidly expanding team. Successful candidates must be CDCS qualified.
As a Trade finance Assistant you will be responsible for:
- L/C Document checking - 1st or 2nd checking within given limits.
- Acceptance or Rejection of documents - preparation of notification advices by mail or swift MT734/750. DPB
- Preparation of Import L/C Issuance and amendments - calculation of charges, completion of folders
- Preparation of Export L/C Advising and amendments - calculation of charges, completion of folders
- Expired Report - Take/claim charges if necessary and close files
- Input and complete transactions relative to specific team
- Ensure timely processing of SWIFT, telephonic, mail and fax instructions/queries from customers, correspondents and principals.
- Ensure Ticklers in place with regards to chasing of acceptance of discrepancies/Payments/Queries.
- Ensure timely chasing of outstanding items as identified on daily tickler/tracer reports.
- Advising and assisting customers in all matters relative to respective team.
- Keeping up to date with current AML / KYC and Fraud prevention legislation.
As a Trade Finance Assistant you will need:
- Minimum A Level educated , CDCS qualified
- Minimum of 3 years' experience gained within another financial institution
- Knowledge of Trade Finance banking
- Excellent interpersonal communication and interaction skills;
- Good written and verbal skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good overall knowledge and understanding of banking operations and role requirements
- Ability to be able to deal confidently with the highest levels of bank staff.
- Good systems and soft skills including general Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint