City of London, London
£30000 - £40000 per annum
20 days ago
My client, a well established international bank based in the West End are looking for a Trade Finance Officer to join their team. Successful candidates will have proven experience with Trade Finance operations and strong knowledge of UCP600.
As a Trade Finance officer you will be responsible for:
- Advising and confirming Letters of Credit
- Issuing L/Cs
- Transferred L/Cs
- Following up with Issuing and correspondent banks on transactions.
- Ensuring appropriate internal ledger entries passed
- Advise beneficiary and presenting banks on settlements
- Responding to quires and enquires from beneficiaries or issuing banks
- Processing return of cash cover where final shipment has taken place
- Advising and amendment function where required
- Process first one second check on documents where required
As a Trade finance Officer you will need:
- Relevant experience in Trade Finance operations
- Strong UPC600 knowledge
- Must have an understanding of International Trade operations framework
- Specific experience in the advising and amending of documentary credits and associated activities
- Good experience of SWIFT and relevant message types
- General experience of Pay/Receive operations, local and foreign settlements, documentary collections and funds transfers.