£38000 - £42000 per annum
about 1 year ago
International Bank based in London, are looking for recruit a Trade Finance Supervisor for a 6 month fixed-term contract. As a supervisor reporting directly to the Head of Trade Finance & Settlement, you will be required to oversee specific activities and supervise a number of staff. Your specific responsibilities within the operations team will be allocated based on your experience and the requirements of the organization from time to time. These may include;
- Ensure the expeditious processing of transactions accurately and in line with set service standards, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Maintain complete, accurate and reliable records of transactions and a clear audit trail to ensure compliance with all bank's operational policies and procedures
- Effective supervision of your team to ensure efficiency, strict compliance with controls, capacity management and performance optimisation
- Ensure awareness and alertness to money laundering risks and adherence to set anti-money laundering procedures
- Strong liaison with the Compliance department, ensuring implementation of compliance policies and procedures and proactively alerting compliance issues
- Ensure timely identification of point of service failures and the implementation of corrective measures
- Liaise with other business units to ensure efficient service delivery.
- Ensure prompt reconciliation and proofing of all ledger accounts and efficient resolution of long-standing reconciliation items.
- Adopting a zero tolerance for processing errors and ensuring that all errors are identified and addressed same day.
- Release of Messages on the SWIFT system.
- This is a small team and flexibility is required of all staff. Other duties may be assigned from time to time in response to operational requirements as the needs arise.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates should have the following experience & skills;
- 5 years' experience in Trade Finance operations.
- University degree will be an advantage
- Experienced back office professional with strong analytical skills and a proven track record in the financial services industry, preferably a commercial bank.
- Must have excellent understanding of the International Trade operations framework of a financial institution and knowledge of general operational policies.
- Approving and Supervising of all trade processing and monitoring of trade finance products including: Letters of Credit, Documentary Collection and Letters of Guarantees / Standby Letters of Credit.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant ICC publication e.g UCP 600, ISBP for Examination of Documents Under Documentary Credit, URR 525, URC 522 and the URDG 758
- Good experience of SWIFT and relevant message types
- General experience of Pay/Receive operations, local and foreign settlements, Documentary Collections and Funds transfers.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to identify, analyse and manage operational risks
- Good understanding of Compliance requirements, including Know Your Customer, Anti Money Laundering and Treating Customers Fairly
- Good understanding of ICC publications.
- CDCS qualification will be an added advantage