Up to £70000 per annum
5 months ago
Main responsibilities will include;
- The preparation of facility documentation such as facility letters and security documents (i.e. debentures, first or third party legal charge documents, share charge, personal guarantees, corporate guarantees).
- Drafting (or reviewing, if appropriate) syndicated documentation as well as bi-lateral documentation for Wholesale Banking (i.e. syndicated lending, bilateral lending and trade finance documentation) as well as Private Banking (i.e. real estate finance, Lombard lending etc.).
- Be aware of all aspects of the documents in order to be able to amend accordingly in order to comply with approval terms and conditions as well as understand the legal aspects/implications of any changes that may need to be negotiated in line with changes requested by clients and/or their lawyers.
- Process executed facility letters and security documents for safe keeping.
- Review existing documents in relation to completed transactions and ensure that the documents held meet the requirements of the transaction/approval and that such documents are valid and satisfactorily issued and executed.
- Prepare any documentation required to amend facility documents in line with amendments in the facility/approvals.
- Ensuring that the action is initiated on keeping securities (like mortgages, guarantees, shares) valid and enforceable and monitoring conditions precedent, covenants and risk triggers.
- Assisting Head of Legal with delivering expert, cost effective legal advice to the business on a range of subjects.
- Managing the legal invoices for third-parties ensure they are processed for payments within deadlines.
- In addition to the duties listed, the employee may, from time to time, be required to perform other duties assigned by the Head of Legal
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience & skills;
- Practising solicitor with at least 2 years PQE
- Strong knowledge of Banking Loan Documentation
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Intermediate MS Office skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good interpersonal skills and an able team player
- Ability to work on own initiative and ability to prioritise work
- Deadline driven individual who can adapt to fast pace banking environment
- Accurate, organised individual, flexible and happy to undertake any task in support of the team members and thus the client
- Must have a positive "can do" attitude combined with a flexible approach to the tasks required.