South East England, England
£30000 - £35000 per annum + bonus and benefits
about 2 months ago
My client, a Leading Technology Business is looking for a Accounts Payable and Credit Control Manager to join their team based in South East England.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Accounts Payable and Credit Control Manager will be responsible for:
- Provide leadership and day to day management to the Accounts Assistant, based in London and provide cover.
- Streamline accounts payable process and improve systems.
- Develop a purchase order system
- Ensuring that the supplier invoices are coded correctly in our account system (Sage line 50), to enable the costs to be attributed to the correct budget.
- Manage payment runs, which entails getting the invoice approval from the budget holders, setting up bank payments and recording payments in Sage.
- Producing a fortnightly review of Aged Creditors for a meeting with our Financial Controller, ensuring that there are no overdue creditors.
- Maintaining the supplier information in Sage, including address, payment terms, VAT number, default expense coding, tax code.
- Maintaining Certify, our expenses claim approval system; ensuring that all expenses follow the company's expenses policy, paying them to employees and recording the transactions into Sage.
- Filing, maintaining and archiving the invoices, ensuring that the Finance team can retrieve supplier information easily.
- Supporting the Group Accountant in London, by providing a reconciliation of key supplier statements and providing basis for Month end close accruals.
- Provide leadership and day to day management for Sales Administrator/Credit Control and provide cover
- Ensure that the daily cashflow forecast is kept up to date for future receipts from customers and supplier payments.
- Managing the cash collection, ensuring that customers pay within their payment terms and there are no debtors older than 60 days.
- Producing a fortnightly review of Aged Debtors for a meeting with our Financial Controller.
The successful candidate:
- Will have extensive AP and Credit Control experience
- Will have been a team leader / mentor in previous roles
- Will be a team player, who will get stuck in
- Will be someone who is keen to improve processes, implement new systems, and make changes.