Back to jobs
- Posted 08 May 2023
- Salary £22000 - £24000 per annum
- LocationChalfont St Giles
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineAccounting & Finance
- Contact NameJoanna Engel
Our Client seeks an Accounts Assistant to join the business either on a temporary to permanent or straight permanent basis. Reporting into the Finance Manager the Accounts-Administration Assistant will ensure accurate processing of data on to the accounts system on a same day basis.
Duties of the Accounts Assistant include:
- Assisting the Finance Manager, posting items onto the finance software
- Daily office account bank reconciliation including posting of purchase ledger invoices and payments.
- Monitoring the Accounts team email inbox and dealing with queries accordingly
- Input of disbursement invoices and allocation to matters.
- Payment of disbursement invoices
- Office account bank reconciliation
- Checking online banking system for incoming CHAPs and dealing with them accordingly
- Input of payments onto online banking system
- Assisting with WP write-offs and matter closures
- General support to the team
Requirements for the Accounts Assistant include:
- At least 1 year's general accounting experience, legal experience useful but not essential.
- GCSE C or above in Maths and English or equivalent qualification
- Excellent IT skills including a good knowledge Excel and preferably with experience of using finance/accounting software.
- Accurate and quick data input skills
- Good organisational and time-management skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong numeracy skills
- Ability to cope with pressure.
- Team orientated approach.
This role would be considered both on a full time or part time basis.