Our client is an iconic transportation organisation with a mandate for growth as they navigate through increased demand and international opportunities. This organisation holds their finance team in highest regard and have a clear focus on individual growth and development. The business offers hybrid working.
Working with the Financial Controllers, suppliers, heads of departments and the finance team in general, the AP Manager will be expected to plan their work around the month end reporting schedule and weekly payment obligations so supporting working capital management objectives, additional duties include:
- Ensure Accounts Payable outcomes and metrics achieve required targets, stretching to improve each day
- Managing priorities and responding to internal and external customer queries, including systems and process queries
- Working cooperatively with Procurement, Finance and Treasury to ensure individual and group performance goals/objectives are met for timing and quality
- Building, checking and approving payment runs
- Providing recommendations for improving Accounts Payable processes and systems, and implementing them with support across procurement
- Demonstrable experience of managing Accounts Payable in a large organisation
- Advanced knowledge of Accounts Payable process and governance requirements to prevent fraud
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Understanding of broader purchase to pay processes
- Good numeracy skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
This company offers a competitive salary package, mentorship from the senior management team and fantastic staff retention.