City of London
£40000 - £45000 per annum
5 months ago
My Client is a leading specialist in the pan-European, regional, multi-let real estate market. The team manages over circa 610 retail, office and industrial properties with a value of circa €4.1billion. They are currently searching for an Assistant Compliance Officer to join their team on a 1 year fixed term contract.
Key Duties to include
- Reviewing and updating compliance policies and procedures, providing analysis of new regulations and the impact on the firm.
- Assisting with responding to regulatory queries from internal and external clients.
- Assisting with AML processes and procedures, performing customer due diligence and KYC process for clients.
- Ensuring new joiners have completed all compliance onboarding documents.
- Assisting with designing, delivering and monitoring regulatory eLearning training, and ensuring that all staff members complete the training.
- Processing compliance requests from staff and maintaining firm registers, e.g. personal account dealing, gifts and entertainment, breaches, complaints, conflicts.
- Assisting with GDPR compliance.
- Supporting the Head of Compliance on day-to-day tasks and projects and providing general administrative support to the compliance and legal functions.
- Awareness of general UK (and EU) regulatory requirements and previous compliance experience.
- Knowledge of some specific regulatory areas an advantage, for example, IFPR, AIFMD, ESG, KYC, Marketing, GDPR
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to liaise with stakeholders and counterparties of my client
- Willingness to learn and take ownership of developing the role and compliance procedures.
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong analytical, research and reporting skills.
- Ability to handle a varied workload.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.