West End, London
£55000 - £60000 per annum
Assistant IT Manager_1620994266
8 months ago
My client an International Bank based in the West End of London, are looking to recruit an Assistant IT Manager to join their IT & Operations Department.
The IT team provides general IT support to London branch users and infrastructure. This includes but not limited to desktop and peripherals provisioning, management and support, backup and restore operations, Disaster recovery/BCP planning and testing, INA IT pre- and post-audit activities, Regulatory reporting, Barx and Bloomberg systems support, Avaya phones and Airwatch Boxer MDM support, cyber-security and IT security awareness and implementation and automation of routine tasks to improve service delivery. The team ensures the confidentiality, integrity and availability of IT data and infrastructure in the branch. IT team is also involved in the delivery of new services and continual improvement of existing solutions in the branch.
Main responsibilities of the Assistant IT Manager will include;
- Ensure effective day-to-day running and operations of Server, Branch Network, Branch workstations and Printers.
- Build and install PCs, laptops, telephone systems, wireless networks and peripheral devices (such as printers, scanners, and mobile/smart phones) related to desktop infrastructure, in accordance with organisation standards.
- Provide the first level of technical support for London branch staff, and call upon suppliers or Head Office support as necessary in accordance with defined procedures.
- Maintain installed PCs, laptops, networks, servers, telephone systems and peripherals with routine maintenance.
- Provide technical assistance and support during annual BCP testing/invocation ensuring systems are available and working for BCP.
- Identify, log and resolve technical problems with software applications or network systems
- Identify potential changes and system improvements to present to senior team leaders for consideration and implementation
- Ensure that work is carried out within agreed service levels and in accordance with department guidelines
- Create, maintain, and distribute reports of progress to senior management.
- Support all IT project roll outs in London, providing input on technical requirements.
- Support IT Manager and COO IT initiatives as required.
- Supervise Comms Room maintenance to ensure the safety and continuation of our servers
- Update software and migrate versions as required supporting Desktop rollouts from Head Office.
- Explain and document technical issues in a clear way to staff
- Ensure usage of incident logging system to accurately record incidents and resolutions.
- Ensure continuous availability of all IT systems installed at London Branch; STB Regulatory Application, SCCM Patch Management, VMWare, Avaya Call recording, Active Directory, Back up and Storage Management, File server, Infrastructure components which includes routers, switches, UPS and firewall.
- Maintain awareness of H.O. IT projects and capabilities.
- Assist IT manager to test maintain and update branch Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Co-ordinate with Head Office regarding OS upgrade and new infrastructure systems implementation.
- In addition to the duties listed, the employee may, from time to time, be required to perform other IT related duties assigned by senior management.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- Graduate/Diploma Holder in Computer Science
- Relevant Certifications such as Microsoft and Cisco.
- 5+ years of proven experience in IT as a Lead Desktop support engineer / Assistant IT Manager / Team Lead.
- Good Understanding of Computer Support and Troubleshooting, Knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 10 and Windows Server products.
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Active Directory, Group Policies, MS Exchange, Core Switching/Routing, SSL/IPSec, SAN, Virtualization, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery.
- Knowledge of IT Hardware/Software
- Proficient in MSOffice products with skills in Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Analytical mind and Problem solving skills.
- Excellent Customer Service in Face-to-Face, Telephone or Electronic Interaction with Clients.
- Experience in installing network cabling and telephony systems.
- Good Language and Communications Skills.
- Ability to Work in a Team.
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to thrive whilst working under pressure