This Global London based bank seek an experienced Senior Banking Operations Manager who is proven in not only managing BAU functions but delivering strategic change across operational banking processes
The Senior Banking Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of the bank's operations to ensure efficiency, compliance, resilience, and innovation within the operational processes.
This role will work with the Chief Operations and technology officer to build the innovative culture, resources & organizational structure to support the strategic objective of the bank.
- Operations Management: Oversee and manage all aspects of the bank's operations, including but not limited to payment processing, scheme assurance, reconciliation, and correspondence
- Innovations in Payment Landscape: Stay at the forefront of industry trends and emerging technologies to identify and implement innovative solutions that enhance payment processing and banking operations.
- Scheme Memberships: Manage the bank's memberships and relationships with CHAPS and Faster Payments to ensure smooth and efficient transaction processing. Understand the requirements
- and ensure activities and controls processing in place to meet the required standards.
- Operational Strategy: Collaborate with senior management to help shape and implement the bank's operational strategy, aligning it with the organization's broader goals.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure that all internal operations adhere to regulatory standards and industry best practices. Regularly update policies and procedures to reflect changes in regulations.
- Operational Resilience: Develop and maintain operational resilience plans to ensure the bank's ability to withstand disruptions and recover quickly from any operational issues.
- Automation: Identify opportunities for process automation and lead initiatives to streamline
- operations, reduce manual interventions, and enhance efficiency
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all internal and external operational processes. Provide timely, accurate, and complete reports on the operating condition of the Bank
- Ensure compliance with rules and regulations of operational deliveries. Maintain effective controls over all controlled business units and support internal & external auditors.
- Maintain vendor management policies, procedures, and relationships including adherence to 'outsourcing' regulatory requirements.
- Hold accountability for operational resilience and payment scheme projects including RTGS Renewal Programme, SWIFT CBPR+, and Pay.UK New Payment Architecture
- Provide support for ad-hoc CTO requests, fostering collaboration between operations, project, business, and technology teams.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent professional qualifications combined with relevant exposure in an equivalent position in a regulated, Financial Institution.Minimum 10 years experience within the financial industry, experience in managing multicultural business units, of which 5 years should be based on operational management functions.
- Proven track record in the UK financial services industry with reference to Banking operations. Suitable candidates will hold working knowledge of UK regulations.
- Strong background in operational efficiency, change management, and process improvement.
- Proven ability to build high-performing, high-morale, self-managing teams that can adapt to complex and changing environments.
- Understanding of financial management
- Strong time management, communication, decision-making, negotiating, presentation, and organisational skills
- Group life assurance x 4 salary
- Group critical illness plan
- Group income protection
- Generous pension contribution scheme
- Employee share plan
- Discretionary annual bonus up to 4 x monthly salary