City of London, London
Up to £50000 per annum
almost 2 years ago
Following a merger in early 2020, my client is one of the largest providers of fund, corporate and private client services in the market. Operating globally in 18 locations and managing over 17,000 structures for 8000+ clients. Now looking to hire a Billing Manager.
This will primarily be focused on process establishment, implementations, and improvements to the systems to manage working capital across the Group. The role will also supervise the billing team based in Mauritius and Jersey.
- Identify and support the implementation of changes to billing patterns in order to drive working capital efficiencies.
- Support the integration, standardisation and simplification of billing practices across the Business lines and jurisdictions.
- Review the current NavOne fee setups and make recommendations.
- Increase the use of technology and automation.
- Work with acquisitions to ensure harmonisation to processes.
- Be an advocate within the business for continuous improvements to working capital management.
- Oversee the timely completion of billing runs across the Group, liaising with senior fee earners as necessary.
- Verify and review the accuracy of NavOne fee setups, resources cards and recording of disbursements.
- Day to day monitoring and supervision of billing across various jurisdictions in the Group.
- Monitor all key working capital balances on an ongoing basis, with particular focus on aged WIP and accrued income.
- Support the financial controller with the month end close process, assisting with the attestation, accurate recognition and measurement of accrued income, WIP and debtors.
- Support system implementation by training staff on the use of NavOne.
- Line management of junior billing staff undertaking routine billing related tasks.
Skills and Requirements:
- Extensive knowledge and experience of NavOne/Navision billing is essential.
- At least 1 to 3 years of experience in an Internal finance role, ideally in charge of billing.
- Previous experience in a multi-jurisdictional environment would be preferable.
- Ability to work autonomously, paying attention to details and meeting deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, act as a team-player with other finance team members and as a business partner with other departments.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work methodically and accurately.
- Enthusiasm and flexibility are essential.