An experienced Communications & Public Affairs Officer is required for my client a not-for-profit education association for a 3 months contract
You will be the first point of contact for a small Communications Team and develop the companies political influence by liaising with member of parliament and other organisations and assist the Head of Communications & Public Affairs in implementing the company's communications strategy (deputising) in their absence.
- Arranging interviews and placing articles
- Responding to media enquiries and maintaining the union's social media presence
- Drafting press releases and member-facing communications.
- To represent the company in Westminster parliamentary environment
- To prepare regular briefings for, members of parliament and peers, and arrange public events.
- To develop and maintain relationships with members of parliament and develop the company's political influence.
- To assist with political lobbying including conferences, receptions, and parliament
- To maintain and update press and parliamentary contacts
- To keep updated with trends of Post 16 Education
- To attend various events including annual congress
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent experience (inc. maths & English)
- Previous experience of working within a highly political environment is essential
- Ability to maintain and build relationships across the political spectrum is essential
- Understanding of further education and political trends would be an advantage
- Knowledge and understanding political parties, parliamentary procedures and party policies
- Experience of liaising with the press and handling enquiries and writing releases
- Ability to use social media for various media work
- Experience of political lobbying would be an advantage
- Previous experience of trade unions or other not for profit organisations is essential
- An excellent team player with the ability to step up in the absence of the Head of Communications
- Excellent organisational and communication skills to build internal and external relationships.
- Good Computer skills - MS Office
Temporary Rates based on a salary of £50,000 (plus London Waiting £5,058) = £55,058 pro rata
Hourly Pay Rate £27.00 - £30.00 (PAYE Plus Holiday Pay)
Day Rate: to £320. (Umbrella- All in)
Start Date: Immediate
End Date: 31st December 2022
Location: London NW1