Back to jobs
- Posted 18 May 2023
- Salary £30000 - £40000 per annum
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineAccounting & Finance
- Contact NameFerdie Arkwright
An international renowned digital bank is urgently looking for a Finance Assistant to join their hybrid team in Canary Wharf. Reporting to the head of financial reporting, the successful candidate will be supporting the production of monthly management accounts and the annual statutory financial statements.
Finance Assistant Responsibilities:
- Daily Cash Reconciliation Tasks:
- Conducting bank, intercompany, and system reconciliations, investigating and resolving any unreconciled items.
- Reconciling various accounts in the general ledger and posting accounting entries.
- Processing invoices, including applying nominal codes, categorising expenses, and making journal entries.
- Generating monthly reports by preparing analyses of accounts.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly management information and group reporting.
- Providing information and addressing queries from the group.
- Assisting with ad-hoc duties as needed.
Finance Assistant Skills & Experience:
- Strong A Level and GCSE results.
- Part qualified in an accounting qualification is desired.
- Minimum of 3 years in an accounting role is essential, preferably in financial services/banking.
- High level of competence in Excel - skills in spreadsheet analysis.
- Experience in working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Good communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
The successful candidate will be paid in between £30,000 - £40,000 alongside life assurance, income protection, medical insurance, amazing pension scheme and much more!
If you feel you meet the requirements of this role, please don't hesitate in applying.