Our Client seeks a Finance Manager to join their business on a permanent basis. Reporting into the Head of Finance the Finance Manager would be a key member of the team, adding value and process improvement.
The Finance Manager role is newly created due to continuous growth and would suit a candidate who has excellent business partnering skills and keen develop skills on the commercial side.
Duties of the Finance Manager include:
- Be a conduit between Finance and non-finance departments, to ensure that there is a communication flow where problems and enquires can be raised and resolved.
- Deal with finance queries and follow through to resolution, ensuring all stakeholders are updated.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company.
- Prioritize and plan workloads to ensure deadlines and objectives are met.
- Build and drive forward effective relationships and networks inside and outside of the business.
- Work closely with various departments to address finance requirements.
- Prepare monthly variance analysis against budgets, investigate key variances with budget holders and agree actions to reduce unfavourable variances.
- Management reporting
- Excel reporting and finance analysis
- Proactively collaborate with non-financial managers to help them 'own their numbers.'
- Partner with relevant senior business leaders with the provision of high quality, timely and insightful information
- Be an influential member of the organisation, developing strong links with managers across the business.
- Manage the month end close.
- Work closely with the Head of Finance to deliver process improvements and efficiencies within the department.
- Work with external accountants for the preparation of year-end financial statements and state/federal tax returns.
- Continually look to improve finance processes.
- Assist with ad-hoc requests.
Requirements of the Finance Manager include:
- Qualified Accountant
- Confidence collaborating with colleagues and suppliers essential.
- Relationship & people management ability, networking & creative problem solving.
- Professionalism and integrity are essential.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Advanced/Intermediate Excel skills
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proven ability of working to a high standard while multi-tasking.
- Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.