Are you a collaborative and proactive data protection (or privacy) professional, looking for your next progressive opportunity?
Our client, a well-established Media company are currently expanding their dynamic Group Risk & Compliance team and hiring a brand-new Head of Data Protection within their Dundee or Aberdeen or Glasgow based office's.
Offering up to £65,000 (including bonus) alongside an intrinsically inclusive culture and competitive benefits package plus private medical cover.
You will be expected in an office 2 days per week but there is also 3 days working from home!
This is a perfect opportunity for someone who wants to…
- Business partner with high profile and senior level stakeholders (internally & externally), embedding data protection and frameworks which are fit for purpose.
- Develop a broad knowledge of 'data protection' areas - being the Data Protection Officer for all related purposed (not a regulated position as the business isn't required to have one) and become a key stakeholder.
- Deliver a programme of Data protection training, lead on regulatory related change and assessments, keeping up to date current and developing data protection legislation.
You will also, ideally have a good practical knowledge and have…
- A good knowledge on data policies and data protection frameworks, and sound judgment and reasoning with the ability to find pragmatic ways for the organisation to meet its data protection obligations.
- Proven experience of delivering group wide data protection training and awareness activities.
- Relevant practical experience in reporting on data protection matters and understanding legislation in this area.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and an ability to liaise confidently with external stakeholders, senior managers, and board level members at all levels.
If this sounds like it could be one for you - please don't hesitate to apply or reach out directly for more information on firstname.lastname@example.org