£40000 - £45000 per annum + Attractive Reward Package
8 months ago
An exciting opportunity for an IT Applications Analyst has become available to work within a dedicated IT team at an international banking company. The IT Applications Analyst will join the company during an exciting period of growth and will be responsible for the development and support of all the business system applications.
As an IT Applications Analyst the company are committed to helping you reach your full potential through learning opportunities as well as tools and training to help you grow. If you are a good team player, take individual ownership of work and have a great team spirit then you are exactly what our client are looking for!
- Carry out development, testing and implementation of software, systems, and enhancements to the OTIS application.
- Coordinate IT business information including interpretation of technical documentation.
- Recommend solutions for technical aspects of projects as well as broad system improvements.
- Produce good quality documentation.
- Deliver appropriate and efficient IT applications resource to IT projects, act as technical expert and lead for application related projects.
- Write and understand database queries.
- Plan and manage your project work stream.
- Support members of staff with requests for new reports and general IT support issues.
- Work on a rota basis conducting the end of day routine and assist with out of hours support.
Skills & Experience
- Highly motivated
- An effective communicator
- IT enthusiast with knowledge of current products and services within the industry
- Ability to drive change and enthusiasm for self-improvement.
- Logical thinker with a strong ability to problem solve.
Oracle database experience including:
- SQL and PL/SQL
- Application Express development and administration
- Exposure to database administration in a Linux/UNIX environment, i.e., RMAN, network configuration, Enterprise Manager.
- Experience of 2nd line support for databases and associated applications
- Experience of system design and implementation