South East London, London
£35000 - £37000 per annum
5 months ago
Join an award-winning well established foundation in a key and varied permanent role supporting budget holders across the organisation. You will be responsible for financial performance reports as well as leading on the accounting for the foundation. This role reports to the Finance Director.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities as Management Accountant
- Management accounts - Preparation of accurate and timely monthly management accounts for Directors and Heads of Department.
- Budgets and forecasts - Supporting the Finance Director and Heads of Departments with budget preparation, regular reforecasts, and development of the budget and forecast processes.
- Financial analysis - Preparation of financial analyses as required, including annual return on investments in productions.
- Finance business partnering - In addition to working closely with the Retail, Art and Production sale/hire teams as part of the lead finance and maintain the same relationships with the Learning & Engagement department to review project finances.
- Team cover - To ensure that appropriate members of the team are suitably briefed and trained to undertake the above responsibilities in the absence of the Management Accountant. To undertake cover for colleagues in the team.
- Other - Other work as required, including ad-hoc project work as agreed with the Finance Director (development of phased forecasts as a current example). A high degree of confidentiality is essential, particularly in respect of contracts and payments.
Knowledge, skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of working within a finance environment and of building and maintaining relationships with non-finance stakeholders
- Suitable qualification - professional accountancy qualification (full or part) ACA/ACCA/CIMA or qualified by experience
- Good working knowledge of desktop applications, including advanced Excel
- Ability to work extremely accurately with strong analytical skills
- Personable and team player but also self-motivated
£35,000 - £37,000 depending on experience.
35 hours contracted per week.