West End, London
£30000 - £35000 per annum
6 months ago
Our Client, a leading Payments company based in the London are looking to hire a Payments Associate to join their dynamic payments processing team for a 6 months FTC.
The Payments Team is primarily responsible for day-to-day processing of all outbound payments through a variety of banking partners, back office systems, and service providers.
- To deliver excellent service to all of our clients globally in a fast paced, dynamic payments environment.
- Authorise all types of payments on various online and in-house platforms (BACS, Direct Debits, SWIFT, SEPA, ACH, CHAPS, Faster Payments), ensuring they are processed accurately and within cut offs and SLAs
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders including client facing colleagues and our partner banks
- Assist in driving process change with a focus on ideas to improve team efficiency and controls
- Collaborate with senior colleagues to resolve technical payment issues
- Escalate any client/payment issues with relevant hierarchy
- Be at a very effective level in payment formatting, and understanding totally reconciliation systems and breaks management. These are pre-requisites for the role
- Understand the workings of Nostro Reconciliations (essential) - understand the full payment lifecycle (essential)
- Contribute to ad hoc requests or projects
- Maintain a friendly and open team attitude that encourages all other employees to approach the Payments team with queries or concerns
- Be the first point of contact for all payment investigation queries pre settlement.
- Actively maintain and manage the investigation report, delivering excellent service and communication to internal stakeholders
- Ensure all investigations are completed in line with internal and external SLAs
- Own the post-payment transaction monitoring process (ACK/NAK/MT900)
- Continually develop knowledge of the payments area and industry as a whole
- Essential - In-depth knowledge of UK and international payment systems and messaging (CHAPS, BACS, SWIFT etc)
- Essential - Previous experience managing Investigation cases and knowledge of swift message types
- Essential - Good understanding of UK & Global banking and relevant regulations
- Essential - excellent knowledge of payment formatting and nostro reconciliations
This role is suited to dynamic enthusiastic individuals with excellent communication and analytical skills to go along with experience in the industry. We are looking for people who will be a real stickler for detail, enjoy working under pressure and to deadlines, whilst also being passionate about creating a great client journey.