City of London, London
11 months ago
Job Title: Senior Tax Analyst
Intercontinental Exchange (NYSE:ICE) is a Fortune 500 company that operates a leading network of global futures, equity and equity options exchanges, as well as global clearing and data services across financial and commodity markets.
By putting the needs of our customers and global participants first, we are a high-growth company that started by bringing transparency and risk management to the global derivatives markets. We're engineers, strategists and problem-solvers who continually create and improve technology that solves market structure challenges on behalf of the industry.
The role's primary responsibility is to assist in the preparation of global indirect tax compliance filings. The successful candidate will become a member of ICE's global tax team and will be based in London, where the company has substantial operations.
- Prepare VAT returns and related VAT compliance filings for ICE's UK, European and Asian operations. Duties will include extracting and reconciling relevant data from ICE's financial reporting systems, liaising with colleagues in ICE's tax and finance teams and other parts of ICE's business and preparing draft VAT return calculations.
- Preparation of periodic (monthly/quarterly/annual) indirect tax financial reporting, forecasting and reconciliations, which involves extracting and analysing data from relevant systems and reports.
- Working with external advisors to ensure the accurate and timely submission of non-UK indirect tax returns and related compliance filings.
- Ensuring that indirect tax filing deadlines are met in compliance with the tax calendar.
- Conduct research on UK and non-UK indirect tax related queries.
- Assisting with other tax related project work such as implementing VAT process change, maintaining the tax calendar, and other tax related projects as appropriate and subject to capacity, including corporate tax compliance.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong accounting background, including a track record of analysing GL data and creation of journal entries.
- Experience using financial reporting systems (e.g. Oracle/Oracle Cloud, Hyperion, Thomson Reuters OneSource, Blackline) and proficiency in Microsoft Excel to extract, analyse and reconcile data.
- Indirect tax compliance experience, preferably in house with a large multi-national corporation or with a professional services firm that serves multinational corporations.
- Must have knowledge of UK VAT legislation. Knowledge of other countries' VAT legislation is a bonus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- A self-starter that has the ability to take ownership of their work and a practical, hands-on attitude.
- Desire and ability to initiate and implement process change.
- Professional accounting and tax qualifications preferred (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, CTA).