City of London
£4500 - £43000 per annum
28 days ago
International Bank based in the City of London, are looking to recruit a new Analyst to join their Shipping & Aviation Finance team. This is a brand new headcount, so a fantastic opportunity to make the position your own.
The Analyst, will be responsible for assisting with the successful origination, execution and ongoing portfolio management of asset-backed ship finance transactions, supporting the team as it develops and expands its business in the European market.
Main responsibilities will include;
- To assist the team in evaluating potential deal opportunities and with the subsequent origination process, including analysing financial aspects (e.g. preparation of cash flow models, assessment of corporate financial performance) as appropriate.
- To assist in reviewing and analysing the key terms and conditions of deals and the associated credit risks and mitigants. Based on such understanding, assist with the preparation of internal credit applications and reports.
- To assist with all aspects of the deal execution process, including reviewing and commenting on documentation,), checking the correct incorporation of deal security, know your customer requirements and other credit mitigants, etc.
- To assist with the ongoing credit risk and compliance monitoring of the deal portfolio, including annual reviews, asset assessments, covenant monitoring, insurance monitoring and responsibility for material waivers, "close monitoring" of problem scenarios etc., as appropriate.
- To assist with periodic reviews of the team's strategy with respect to shipping industry sub-sectors, specific clients, terms of financing products, including the preparation of ad hoc reports etc.
- To carry out such other duties as may be requested from time to time by senior management.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- Good educational background, preferably ACIB/Degree qualified.
- Financial sector experience and ship or asset finance experience would be an advantage.
- Strong credit analysis skills.
- Strong numeracy and familiarity with cashflow-based financial analysis, including cashflow modelling.